Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fort Lauderdale

I don't know why I do this to myself... but I submitted a conference proposal earlier this year, and it got accepted. So, July 4th I flew to Ft. Lauderdale to hang out with Jennifer and then attend the conference. Stephen was supposed to go with me but decided not to after the whole alcohol thing happened. I wasn't necessarily looking forward to July in Florida (hello, fair skin!) but I LUCKED OUT! I never ended up wearing spf and barely got pink! So I was able to spend a lot of time on the beach Saturday and Sunday and then Monday was spent at the conference. Jennifer came down to see me Saturday and hung out with me until Sunday. 

Here's a pic from her car as we were going out. 


We went to a crepe place twice (it was so yummy) and the latte was so awesome- it came with a side of rock candy. Oddly enough, it was just enough sugar. So very cool!



The beach!



I did a whole lotta this! It was amazing hanging out with Jennifer but it was also amazing being by myself. I didn't have any bottles to wash or diapers to change. Crazy! I spent most of the time reading- I was able to get through three books! Crazy!



SELFIE!



I made sure to watch two sunrises. They were so beautiful.



They put me in such a big room for my presentation! Here it is before people started arriving. It went.. about as well as expected. I made the audience laugh a few times (something that I never tried before). About 25 people (including my director, Chris) showed and it seemed to go pretty well.


I thru this picture in because yesterday I got my haircut.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter