Sunday, August 19, 2012

5 Year Anniversary


Yesterday, August 18th was Stephen and my 5 year wedding anniversary. We couldn't find anyone to watch Thomas so we ended up just taking him with us to Cool Creek Park to do a little hiking. 

 Afterwards, we went out to dinner. But the baby is nearly seven months old and thus going out to dinner (or even eating at home) is very challenging. He wants to put his hands in everything you're eating and gets mad if you move your plate out of his reach.

We have a new sitter to watch Thomas on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays while I work from home. She just graduated college and is applying to jobs but is watching the baby until she finds something. I honestly couldn't ask for someone better for him because she is so incredible attentive. She reads to him every hour, sits on the floor and plays with him, and plays him Elmo videos from her laptop. 

We still haven't received the job offer for the company Stephen is going to go back to working at. He knows the offer is coming but apparently the CEO is out on a retreat and that's the holdup. We are hoping for a really great offer so that we can afford to get pregnant again in 2013. Although I can't even begin to imagine having two kids to deal with.

Next week is going to be busy! Stephen starts school on Monday, Thomas turns 7 months on Thursday, I turn 32 on Saturday. In preparation for this birthday, I have been as strict as possible with my eating and exercising. It sucks but I have to keep telling myself that I've already had my fun by eating everything in sight while pregnant. So now I have to pay for it. 


The semi-personal trainer I have been going to has been awesome! I see a huge difference every week in whole much weight I can lift.  Above is me at his gym retying my shoes. Look at those arm muscles! Damn!! The better to hold a 16+ baby with, I suppose.

Hmmm... what else. I tried another makeup monthly subscription- the Pop Sugar Must Have Bag. It was a ridiculously high price ($35) but I thought I would use my allowance to give it a shot.

It was... ok. But certainly not worth over $150 like they had initially stated (they later changed it to be valued over $100 and didn't tell their customers). Thankfully, they had a first bag guarantee which means I was able to get a full refund AND keep everything!




0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter