Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Thomas!

Yesterday was Thomas's first birthday. I can't believe a year has gone so fast! Thomas started daycare last Monday. It seems to be going well. Below is a picture they took of him with cupcakes that I brought for all of the children. Obviously, he is not amused.


Yes, he is most definitely my child. Instead of digging his hands into the AMAZING Heavenly Sweets cake, he decided to bite directly into it. Smart kid. 



This is Thomas with Grandma Senesac. The wagon and gifts are from them. 


I took these this past weekend. He is getting so big!

Thomas has mastered the sippy cup! And because the kid is so awesome, it doesn't seem to matter what style sippy cup it is. Friday is his one year pediatrician appointment and I think we will be transition completely away from bottles/formula this weekend!

Daddy and Thomas are playing. 


So a few things about Thomas right now so that I remember:


  1. He loves to feed himself. He's eating sandwiches (grilled cheese, peanut butter), waffles, peas, chicken, crackers, yogurt bites, cheerios, mac n cheese, sliced cheese, etc. He rarely lets us feed him anymore but when he does, he likes yogurt. 
  2. He throws tantrums. The poor kid can't really communicate, so he stiffens his body up and throws his head back (watch out!) when he gets upset. My favorite is when he closes his eyes when he isn't happy (like when you tried to feed him).
  3. Toys are meh. He has tons of toys, but none are his favs. He'd rather play with anything that isn't a toy (wooden spoons, iPhone, the digital TV receiver, remotes, etc)
  4. He doesn't want your help walking. He pushes our hands away from him if we try to help. He is hell-bent on doing it himself.
  5. Thomas likes to be in the know. He is always sure to follow us around and wants to know exactly what is happening.
  6. He's a mama's boy. When he gets upset or hurt, he wants his mama. I'm enjoying this while I can. 
  7. Car rides put him to sleep. Every drive to/from the daycare, he is napping. It's great!

1 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Happy birthday to your little guy! What a cutie! I saw you entered the giveaway on my blog, Honey We're Home- I want to send you an email- can you shoot me your email address? Thanks- meganardoin@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter