The working out/eating healthy thing is still going strong. This is me after doing a 20 min HIIT (at home) and then walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I hope I'm not doing too much on my bad ankle or knees but the treadmill has been a big help. And the weight has been slowly coming off.
I took the below pictures a few days ago because the boys looked nice due to picture day at their school. I haven't seen if the pictures have turned out- and I have no expectations. But we decided to use the one below for our Holiday card.
I almost used this one for the Holiday card. It's absolutely adorable.
Stephen and I had a date Saturday night. We couldn't figure out what to do... so we ended up working out together at the gym, getting changed there, then going to one of my favorite restaurants, Traders Point Creamery. We had such a good time that we'll probably end up doing something similar in the future.
I had a fight with my mom about a week ago. We were having coffee and she was telling me about how they are looking at buying another piece of property so that they can build a house on it (this is in addition to the farm that still needs a lot of work and the new Carmel house which is completely torn apart). I made the comment that if they weren't working on houses so much, they would have more time for family. She got offended by the comment and thought that they spent plenty of time with us. But I think the fact that James is over 2 years old and has never spent the night at their house (nap or overnight) or the fact that they have babysat for us maybe twice this year, or that they see the kids (on avg) roughly 5 hours a month would say otherwise. I wasn't criticizing her (although, of course, that was the way it was taken) and I apologized but she's not speaking to me. Right before Thanksgiving. I feel like we always fight around the holidays. Anyways, I did apologize but I stand firm that I definitely don't think they spend a lot of time with the boys. But, whatever. Like one of my therapists once said, my mother will never change and I need to just accept that.





0 comments:
Post a Comment