Good grief it's the end of October! So... Halloween was (thankfully) on a Saturday this year and my parents planned on coming over at 5p to pass out candy while we took the kids out to trick-or-treat. Thomas was going to go as Thomas the train (but we had a monkey costume as a back-up) and James was either going to go as a lion (yes, we've used this costume before) or maybe what he was last year- a dragon (or lizard or whatever). Of course at 4:45p I put on Thomas' costume and he immediately decided he did not want to be Thomas the train. The monkey costume just BARELY fit him (yes, we will be using it for James next year) but we put some makeup on his face and all was well.


Yes, that's Easter eggs my kids are playing with. In the past month or two, they've been obsessed with putting little toys into the Easter eggs and then carrying them around, shaking them, asking us what we think is inside them etc. It's ridiculous and our stash of plastic eggs has dwindled down to practically nothing.
So it took about 15 minutes of trick-or-treating (maybe 5 houses) for Thomas to run into a man dressed as Captain America, get scared, and promptly ask to go home immediately. I wasn't with them (I decided to stay home with mom to pass out candy) so he calmed down enough to hit up a few neighbor houses before being officially done. It really wasn't bad though- because we ended up having hardly any traffic this year which meant that we had a lot of leftover candy. Great.
Speaking of candy, my eating has been a bit out-of-control. My weight training has been going really well (on Friday I benched a PR- 120 pounds) but my guess is that I weight around 152. AGAIN. I apparently want to gain/lose the same 5 pounds over and over again this year. Why was it so easy to lose and lose and lose last year?!?! Although I do know for sure that I don't want to be absolutely rigid with my eating... but I think that also causes the floodgates to burst open when I'm stressed. I don't know what the right answer is.
I took last Friday off and this Monday (Nov 2). It's blissful.


0 comments:
Post a Comment