Monday, February 26, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

I tend to ask one of my co-workers this question every Monday. Especially when I didn't get a lot done. Stephen and I did go to the symphony Saturday night and had a decent time- we both didn't care for most of the pieces but it's nice to get out and do something different. Stephen's mom couldn't join us because of the weather.
I wanted to work on home improvements but, at this time, we don't really have the money for it. We are trying to save for our wedding sometime this year along with paying for some small credit card debt. But if I did have the money, these are the things I wish I could do to my home:

1. Buy and install new kitchen light that matches banquet light
2. Buy and install sliding doors for master bathroom
3. Buy and install light/fan for master bathroom
4. Buy and install wood for wine rack in kitchen
5. Tear out living room carpet and refinish wood floor (this will be done the second the weather gets nice)

Future Projects:
1. Tear out basement "bathroom" and install new one
2. Install drywall to basement bedroom and possibly laundry room and rec room
3. Paint basement and fix lighting/ceilings
4. Paint outside of house and either paint garage or cover in siding (my preference)
5. Pour new garage floor
6. Landscaping!
7. Gardening!
8. Build back porch
9. Install door from master bedroom to back porch

I am hoping that all of the above won't cost more than $5,000-$7,000 because that's about all I have left in my budget for this house. Anyways, it's only Monday morning and I need to stop making home improvement lists.

I was reminded by someone that I forgot to post a funny (and really stupid) website for Checker's Rap Cat:
http://www.rap-cat.com/
The whole song with start playing- make sure to listen to the whole thing! Here is the Checker's commercial featuring Rap Cat:
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2775616

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter