Since getting my first official post-college job in Dec 2005, I have become acquainted with a new co-worker/friend, who is an amazing artist, and crafting blogs. Being surrounded by such artistic ideas and amazing execution has taught me to open my mind up and be more creative and detail oriented. My co-worker helped me to realize last year that I am the sort of person that starts and then zips through a project as fast as I can (regardless of the mistakes that I might be making) in order to get it finished so that I can see the results. This isn't the smartest way to handle projects such as painting a room (when you don't properly prep your space) or knitting. In the blogs that I read, the women are careful planners and spend time working the project so that it's perfect in their eyes. They are slow and deliberate in their actions. Patience- that is the quality I need to work on. Patience with time, money, career, everything! Thankfully, Stephen is relatively patient- he has had to wait a long time to get to where he is today.
Whether I want to or not, I am going to have to have a lot of patience this year. This spring I plan on creating a vegetable and herb garden for the first time ever. I am going to have to have dirt brought in, probably build a small fence around the garden or build the garden up, and plant and care for the herbs and veggies. Between my garden and all the plants I planted last fall around the parameter of my yard I will be doing A LOT of weeding!
Additionally, there are plenty of other outdoor projects Stephen and I plan to work on. It's going to require both of us working together trying to figure out how to solve some large problems in the front yard. Stephen and I working on projects together is an entirely different pace then my fathers- and that's just something I am going to have to get used to. Thankfully, our pace isn't that slow... maybe normal.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment