Monday, January 7, 2008

Drats, it's Monday!

This weekend was a mixed bag. Saturday morning was great- I got up several hours earlier than my lazy husband and dog, watched a good movie(Friends with Money) and started and finished my second fingerless glove. Wow! I remember the day when that was a relatively big project. I was so excited to get it finished because I wanted to start on a pillow knitting with this gorgeous black and white wool-y yarn that screams my name!

The rest of the weekend was so-so. Sunday evening Stephen and I got a LOT of cleaning/organizing done (Stephen did his deep cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom- hooray! while I tackles closets). I LOVE having bags and boxes of stuff waiting for the Salvation Army. This lot includes an old color printer, clothes and some wedding gifts (towels and a picture frame).

The household budget also got ironed out on Saturday. I am relieved that we now have a limit to how much each of us is allowed to spend each month (on WHATEVER we want), how much money I can spend on groceries each week, how much we are putting in savings every month, retirement money etc. I work best with set limits so I love this. Plus, it turns out, that our monthly allowance is WAY more than I normally spend so HOORAY! I have money. I think tonight I am going to look through all of my gardening catalog's and pick out seeds to order. I also need to get another grow-light (which would make a total of 4!). It's a bit early to start growing- so I know I am going to have a jungle on my hands around spring- but I just can't help myself. Watching the seedlings grow was my favorite part of gardening.

Along with getting some things accomplished this weekend, I was stressed. I get this anxiety issue when I have some time (like vacation or a weekend) and have no motivation to do the millions on things that could be done. And it doesn't help when Stephen is either busy or not motivated himself. Also, last night I didn't sleep well. I'm not sure if I was talking in my sleep or not but I was very restless. I had dreams about my dysfunctional family and their drama. Stress also came from the fact that this was Stephen's last weekend before he started his spring semester. I hate when he is busy all the time and we can't hang out together.

Anyways, I suppose I need to get back to work. The busier I can be, the faster Monday will go.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter