Monday, May 5, 2008

Things Aren't So Bad...


... I just needed a little perspective. Everyone I love is healthy and (relatively) happy. Work will (and has) moved on from my little disaster late last week. Nobody died from my mistake. Time to move on.

Stephen and I had the movers scheduled to move us to our new home May 17th. I thought we would need a few weeks to get everything else (the movers are only moving the large pieces of furniture) moved up to Carmel. But this weekend changed our minds. On Saturday, my parents helped me move some of my stuff up. And I re-fell in love with the house. When I brought Stephen up there on Sunday, he re-fell in love. So now we are moving into our new home this weekend. Thankfully I was able to get this Friday and next Monday off to help get us settled in as quickly as possible.

One headache we are going to have is our dog having to be back on a rope again (because there isn't a fence). We already warned the lovely neighbors that we met that Harley is, unfortunately, dog aggressive. Lovely. I'm sure the neighbors are going to be thrilled about his non-stop barking.

So the semester is over and I finally have my husband back! Hooray! I celebrated by making him come grocery shopping with me on Sunday. It was so nice not to be stuck doing that crap by myself.

I'm waiting rather impatiently for my agent to call me giving the green light on the sale of my home. We hired professionals to come out and take a look at all the concerns the buyers had so, in my opinion, they should be good to go. It would be nice to hear from them soon, though, so I can put that freaking SOLD sign in front of my house and finally breath a sigh of relief. That we were this close to having to make two mortgage payments and lose our sanity.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter