The organized chaos at our house continues. We are in the middle of a month-long competition at HTS (pull/push/crawl). I'm first for the women by a lot... but, at this point, I am competing with last year's record... and I'm still 3 sec away from beating it. This week is the last week to try and get 30 sec.
I played hookey from work recently and went to the mall. I haven't been able to take a day off of work to relax since April since May I had to take 5 days off due to either me or the boys being sick. Below is a dress I tried on (and promptly bought) from Ann Taylor. It's the first dress I've ever tried on where I immediately felt like Jessica Rabbit!
We've been pretty lazy about transitioning James into eating more solids (it's crazy that we will be done with bottles in 2.5 months!!). Here he is eating some mushy avocado.


We have been making him practice sitting (by putting pillows behind/around him in case he falls back). He's doing MUCH better with it. I feel pretty comfortable saying that he has mastered it... although I wouldn't let him sit on a hard surface without padding behind him. Per his dr., we've started working on getting him to stand against things (like the couch) and learning to hold on so that he doesn't fall. At this point, he thinks it's great to have both hands holding toys.
Unfortunately, the below is a pretty regular occurrence with our almost 2.5 year old. We haven't tried potty training in a few weeks but certainly let him go potty whenever he asks... On this night, he peed in the potty so I gave him two Teddy Graham cookies to celebrate (he insisted on the bowl). He's upset because he wanted more cookies (and it took him nearly 5 min before he would even eat the 2 I gave him).


Below was taken by daycare. Absolutely loved the shot!

And this is the big house project we've been slowly picking away at. We are in the process of building/installing 3 5x10 raised garden beds. Just to the left of them will be the shed that we really need to get working on. It's been so hot and so difficult to get outside to work on them with James needing constantly attention.

I would say that Thomas' favorite thing about summer would be popsicles!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment