Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Potty Training Hell

Oh, man it's been a little bit since I've last updated. I am going to Denver this Sunday to present a poster at a conference (AIR) and I've been so fucking busy prepping for it... For weeks! Honestly, I have no idea why I do this shit to myself. But there you have it!

I took some goofy pictures of the boys a couple of weeks ago. Good grief, James is getting bigger! He will be 2 in just a few months! I feel like we still treat him more like a baby than what we did with Thomas when he was the same age.



I think I was asking Thomas to draw me a picture to take to work. He said that this was a monster but assured me that it wouldn't hurt me because it's on paper. The kids have colored only a couple of times- it doesn't even hold their interest for 5 minutes before they stop. At this point, they are really just into their trains.




James attempting to color.



This is what I really wanted to write about. Daycare decided last Tuesday to start potty training a group of kids- and Thomas was included. So suffice it to say we aren't doing the bootcamp method but more of a long drawn out process where it will probably take months before he's pooping in the potty.

Anyways, he's holding his brand spanking new potty jar treats (which I was recently educated that we needed to change out soon to make it exciting) and he wanted to hold it while he sat on the potty. The potty training started pretty tedious because I've been just so damn busy with work (even while at home) that it was hard to constantly watch Thomas and remind him to go potty... but we've figured out what worked for us (keeping him naked from the waist down) and he FINALLY had a breakthrough last Fri and TOLD ME when he had to go. Since then we just try to ask him often but he usually tells us when he needs to go. It's been great! We still do diapers quite a bit, though (naps, overnight, trips).




I think our next step is putting him in underwear when he's home and awake. Then I have no idea from there.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter