Friday, May 29, 2015

Leaving Denver

My poster presentation went well. Chris said that I was "swamped" but really I had about 10 people in 45 minutes... not really sure that constitutes "swamped" but people were really pleased with the work I did. 


I'm smiling because this shot was taken AFTERwards.

I leave for the airport in a couple of hours (I just have 2 sessions this morning). The conference has been great- everyone seems to have the same challenges as IUPUI- being thrust into BI and predictive modeling in addition to our normal jobs. 

I had a great talk with Chris over coffee yesterday. He's curious about the changes that will happen with the new leadership we should be getting this year. I'm hanging tight to see if my position changes.

Below is an example of the heavy appetizers (that were FREE) that I used to make a dinner out of EVERY night. I've been hear since late Sunday night and have only had to spend $20 on food (TOTAL) due to my room having a fridge and the free lounge access I got upgraded to (thank god). It's been great but I know I gained at least a pound.




I can't wait to get home to the kids. I think after the time change, I'll fly in around 5:30pm. So I'll book it home so that I can have time with James before he goes to bed. But I guess Thomas has particularly missed me a lot- I think this is the longest I've been away from him... I can't remember how long I was away when I went to Florida last year. But I got to Boston in 3 or 4 weeks for a few days, and I have a feeling that's going to be tough for him (I have another conference presentation).

Thomas's potty training has been going well.. except for the pooping. He always goes in his underwear and will now only tell us after he has gone. But he understands that poop goes in the potty. So this is something I'm going to have to tackle when I get home.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter