Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Are the Tides Turning?

I just got back a couple of hours ago from the Carmel closing. It's officially official- we own the Carmel house! Very exciting! So exciting, in fact, that I am going to take Harley up there tonight to take a look at the place. One of the first things I need to do is buy rope and make a line for him in the backyard. I'm sure he's going to enjoy terrorizing the neighbors until we can get a privacy fence up (probably next spring).
We also got the radon tests results on the Butler house. THANKFULLY it came in as the "normal" range so we don't have any additional costs there. Just two more issues to deal with:
1. The structural engineer. Our realtor is going to talk to the buyer's realtor about what they really want out of this. When we have someone come to see the basement, there going to tell us that it needs to be fixed whether it really needs it or not. Not that we plan on fixing it- because I'm not.
2. The furnace. We have a possible crack in the heat exchanger. The buyers don't want the house to come with carbon monoxide so I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with someone to see whether the crack really does exist and if the furnace is covered in the home warranty (HOPEFULLY).
Because this isn't enough to juggle, I have also started seeking help with my arthritic ankle. The pain is not officially in both knees and, in fact, I feel some sort of pain in my knees the majority of the day. Yesterday, I went to the doctor who performed my ankle surgery a couple of years ago. After quickly looking at some new x-rays he declared that not only was he worried about me, but strongly felt that I needed to see someone even more specialized. So, this afternoon, I have an appointment with an ankle arthritis specialist. Oh what fun!

Between missing tons of work due to appointments, trying to buy a home, trying to sell a home, my student worker being out due to finals, my husband being completely unavailable due to finals (this is his last week of school, thank god), birthdays and the usual chores of running a household (cleaning, cooking, shopping, laundry, mowing etc) I feel like I am in a losing battle with my life to get everything accomplished. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, however. At the end of May, I am being shipped off to a conference in Seattle. I'm not looking forward to the conference, but can't wait to relax.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, woman! Take care of your ankles. I don't want to have to knit you an assortment of lap blankets to go with your wheelchair for various occasions!

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter