Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crash, Bang!

O.K. So I got into another car accident this morning. And, again, I rear-ended someone. Again. I survivied without any scrapes but my car wasn't so lucky:















My last car accident was less than a year ago with just as much damage. I imagine my car has to hate me by now. Of course my husband is upset. He wants me to enroll in a defensive driving course. It's not that I DON'T know how to properly drive, but more that things happen. In this particular case, I have witnesses that nearly got run over by the other driver (who nearly flew up the curb onto the sidewalk). They all said that it was 100% his fault. But, from experience, I know that I will be blamed because I was the one who hit him.

What else? My home is being inspected tomorrow and so I need to frantically clean it up AGAIN tonight. I thought about leaving it the way it was (a little dirty, dishes in the sink etc) but want the buyers to have a really positive outlook on the house in hopes that they want try to screw me with whatever the inspection comes out with. Thankfully, I have their earnest money check to fall back on! I'll need to take Harley up to my parents house while the inspection is going on. Thankfully, this should be the last time I need to get Harley out of the house so someone can come take a look.

We close on the Carmel house next Tuesday!! HOORAY! Today I need to call all the utilities to be put in our name. And I need to figure out whether I want a final walk-through or not. Probably not. I already know the house has got a lot of issues. I don't need to be reminded of all the work that needs to be done. Moving won't really take off for another couple of weeks (until school is out).

It hit me yesterday that I was leaving my house in a matter of weeks. I had spent many many hours of tearing down, painting, hammering, digging and sweating into that house and I'm going to miss it dearly. It had been nearly completely customized for me and I purchased the home by myself. Oh well. Off to bigger and better. Or more like bigger and disastrous.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter