Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week 7





It's hard to believe that as of a few days ago, Thomas turned 7 weeks ago (2 weeks old if you go by his due date). He's doing pretty well sleeping at night- he goes around 2 hours between eating during the day and 3 hours at night. He's worked his way up to 3 ounces per feeding and gets about 80% formula and 20% breast milk. His two month appointment is on Monday (dreading that one because of all the shots he'll be getting) and I am guessing his weight will be above 8 pounds. My little baby is growing up!

Staying at home has been going ok. I am trying to work from home 20 hours/week to extend my maternity leave until the end of May (which will give me a little over 4 months). I'm either going to be happy to get back to work or positively dread it. Working 20 hours per week has been difficult and thus Jayne has been coming down to watch Thomas a little bit in the last week or so. I'm hoping it continues because it's a huge help.


In the last 3 weeks or so, Thomas has really started showing his personality. He gets very fussy when he's hungry and has been cooing constantly. He also uses his legs to push himself off of you. Just in the past couple of days, he's started grabbing and holding on to things (shirts, blankets, etc). This week we started using a pacifier occasionally- especially when he is eating a lot and spitting up then wants to eat more, then spit up, etc.


In other news, my parents are taking Stephen, Thomas, and I to Paris in May with them. We are flying there Thursday May 17th and will be returning Saturday May 26th. This weekend we need to go apply for Thomas to get a passport. Very exciting!!! It's hard to believe that I haven't been there in 12 years!

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter