Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Festivus Time


This week was week 1 of my gym's Festivus Feats is Strength competition. The first event was the 60 yard sled push pull and Karen was the one to beat. Luckily, I was able to get the win. Ironically, her and I got the same times as last year. 

This morning I competes in the second event- the 100 yard sled push. I knew this would be the most difficult event for me due to the 15 pounds of baby weight and lack of practice. Unfortunately, I only got 49 sec and am currently in second (not everyone has competed in this event so far). The slide board event (next week) will prevent me from getting first in the all around but I'm hoping for second place. 

Things have been busy around here. We finally got a Christmas tree out up last weekend and have one present under the tree. All we have for Thomas is a few things- and we aren't buying anything for James. We are only spending $50 on each other. Then for the in laws we are only doing small gifts. December is our last month of only having one child in daycare. I'm going back to work the week of MLK which is Jan 20th. I'm both excited and dreading going back full time. It will be nice to work from home without trying to juggle the baby at the same time. I can clean and do laundry during lunch and it will be so quiet. On the other hand, I'm not used to putting such a young child in daycare full time and we aren't very comfortable with the idea that he won't be held the second he starts crying etc. I believe the law says that you can have 3 or 4 babies at one time so he will be amoung several. We've been struggling with maybe delaying James going to daycare and instead hiring someone part time to watch him at home. I'm not sure what we are going to do but cost is definitely a factor. 

I'm still pumping away 7 times per day. I'm hoping to reduce it sometime soon now that James is over the 12 week hump but I haven't tried yet. We usually have to give him 1 formula bottle a day since I'm generally a few ounces short of what he drinks. I'm okey with not pumping 8x/day- it allows me a 5 hr stretch of sleep every night. 

Thomas finally met Santa this year. He came to his daycare which was great because we didn't have to worry about mall lines etc. of course he was terrified but didn't mind when I held him. 


The daycare put on a little program for the parents that included snacks they made and songs. It was cute. 





0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter