After a tough winter, spring is finally officially here. And, yes, I've already bitched about the heat (it got to nearly 80 degrees and I thought Thomas had already gotten his first burn!). I'd love to live somewhere that stayed in the 60s-70s. Anyways, the easiest way to deal with the kids is by wearing them out. So a few nights ago, we took the boys to a local park.
James sort of fit in the swing.


James turned 7 months old last Saturday and this week we discovered his bottom right tooth is popping up. The poor kid is dying to become mobile but I think it's going to be awhile yet before he can crawl- he's still not sitting up on his own yet. Solids are going well. He LOVED green beans and carrots. The other fruits and veggies not as much. I have to keep reminding myself of his age because the poor thing looks so small.

Sleeping has been going well. He goes down between 7:30p-8p every night and we still wake him around 10:30pm for another bottle (that ensures that he stays asleep the whole night). He usually wakes around 6:30am. About 50% of his food is still breast milk. I'm pumping 4x/day for about 1.5hrs total. I don't mind this schedule and as I've been slowly reducing my supply, it's helped with the mommy guilt. I do have a deadline to stop pumping, though. My conference proposal was accepted for a conference in early July in Florida and there is no way I'm bringing my pump. So June will be my last month. By then, James will be 9 months old. It's not going to be easy to quit completely but, good grief, when it's all over with I will be SO happy to be done!


0 comments:
Post a Comment