Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Happy October

This fall has been a struggle for me. Or maybe it's been this past year. I don't really know. But this fall it's been getting worse and now I'm grateful that today Stephen and I have an appointment with our marriage counselor so that I can talk to her about possibly getting on some anti-anxiety medicine. I haven't been on Lexapro since getting pregnant with Thomas (I just never felt the need for it) but I am most definitely having the symptoms now- inability to focus, get overwhelmed easily, inability to feel relaxed- even after getting things done. Some nights I haven't slept well. And I'm just so damn frustrated.

I've been trying to shake it off... but so far nothing has worked. I'm feeling smothered constantly. And that no matter how much I get done, I can never get ahead. So hopefully the therapist will provide some insight.

But it's fall! It's pretty much mid-October and James turned 13 months old on Sunday. This was our first full weekend of Stephen not having class and he was able to finally do the ledges to the raised beds- and they look great! He had the symphony Sat night and thus we didn't have enough time after naps to make the Trader's Point Creamery Octoberfest but I'm hoping this Sunday we can get to Stuckey's apple cider festival. Or something similar. I want caramel apples, hay rides etc! And there has to be pumpkins because, for whatever reason, Thomas is a huge fan of pumpkins this year. 

Here are the boys with their pumpkins. We are going to attempt to carve them tonight. Although we will start with James' pumpkin and see if Thomas freaks out about the idea of cutting his up. We may just draw a face on his. Or leave it blank.


On Sunday, we got Thomas up from his nap to find that he dug his hands into his dirty diaper BEFORE he fell asleep so he had dried poop all over his hands, face, and bedding. It made me thankful for our bathtub and washing machine.


This weekend I worked on trying to get Thomas comfortable with his lion costume (yes, it's the same one that he wore last year). Luckily for us, he ended up LOVING it and now asks for it almost every night. It's a lot better than him absolutely hating it. I still think trick-or-treating could go either way. You never know with a toddler.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter