We've spent all week taking turns watching Thomas as he stays home and recovers from purpura. Today (Fri) is my turn. Yesterday, Stephen took him to his dr. as a followup to his hospital visit and because things seemed to be getting a bit worse (the rash was spreading and he has been complaining about his knees hurting). Thankfully, test results were still fine and they felt very confident that his diagnosis was still purpura because it was behaving exactly the way they expected.
The poor kid is on three different medicines and is walking a bit in the first half of the day but his joints seem to hurt him more in the afternoon/evenings.
I'm letting him use the tablet now. He was playing a bit but then started saying his feet hurt him.
My surgery has been rescheduled for the 19th at noon, so I think we're going to celebrate Thomas' bday next weekend (before surgery). I have zero idea what we're going to do, and cake probably isn't a good idea since he doesn't really eat it. And he surely doesn't need any more freaking gifts. So, I have zero idea. Hopefully, he will be healed up and able to go to school in the next few days. His next followup dr appt is Monday.
James seems to be doing well and, in fact, went potty at school THREE times!! Here's a few videos I took last night. This kid cracks me up.
He's getting so big! And talking quite a bit!
As for me, I'm going back and forth between eating everything possible and focusing on weight loss and exercise. I haven't been to the gym... gosh, it might be since early December before I got a cold. Good grief! It's going to be hard making it a habit again. And I'm still trying to get my fill of eating everything crunchy and chewy although it seems that the doctors are now debating whether to remove my bottom teeth. There is discussion of leaving them in, cutting off the roots and then doing root canals. I don't think anyone knows what will really happen until they open me up. Fun times.


0 comments:
Post a Comment