Friday, March 18, 2016

Working it out


It finally happened! This will be the first week Stephen and I go to the gym together 3 times! The kids were pretty reluctant to go to the kidszone last night (our second time) but we didn't give them any choice. And this week will be the first this year that I lifted 3x in a week. The switch has officially been turned- going to the gym immediately helps me to relax and know that I'm going to focus on myself. It's not a chore any more- but something I look forward to.

In between lifting, I've been taking the dogs on a 30 min speed walk. By the middle of it, Raven is falling behind me and by the end, it's also Cody (that's how fast we're moving). 



This was last night on our way home (below).

This morning, the in laws are coming to pick up the kids to stay in Logansport for a few days!! I am so incredibly excited about the break! I think it's been since last October or maybe even September since they took the kids for the weekend. Stephen and I plan on working on house projects- I'll probably be painting James' bedroom door, Stephen is patching around windows to prep to install moulding that's been sitting around for years, I'll be cleaning etc. I don't think we're going to go out to eat but instead will cook a really nice meal at home. And of course the gym Saturday morning.

My eating healthy has been going ok. Yesterday I had a cherry coke with lunch (bummer) although I think I still met my calorie allotment (I'm only loosely counting). I've SOMEHOW resisted the donuts and cake that work has supplied, though. Very proud.

Reading has also increased as well. I think I'm right around 16 read books so far this year (although 4 of them were a cheat- because the books were extremely short). It feels good to have my outlets again although I've still been having a lot of issues with anxiety. I'm going back and forth on whether to start lexapro again- although I seriously think I should.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter