Friday, March 11, 2016

Sick


No joke- we've been healthy maybe a week total this year. And this week has been a rough one. First, Tuesday I got a call from the vet saying Cody's bump on his lip that was removed was cancer and that there was cancer cells left behind. Our next step was going to a surgery center to get more of his lip removed. I took him Wed morning and had to explain to the surgeon that I thought we were going to elect not to do the surgery because of the cost (couple thousand). Surely, I'm not the first person to say that there,  but I felt like a monster. Especially when the surgery could 100% cure him. At this point, we're going to wait and see what happens. The kind he has is slow growing and may not end up developing into another tumor. 

After the appt I went to work. And around lunch discovered that my left eye had gotten pretty red and was really dry. I had never had pink eye before but felt pretty confident that I needed to get to a doctor asap. Unfortunately, I was right. And learned that you can get pink eye via virus and that no eye drops work. You have to just wait it out. My pink eye came with a crazy fast cold. Literally that morning I was feeling fine but by 12p my throat was sore and nose was runny and by my 3:30p appointment I was full on sick. 

So I stayed home from work Thursday and the had to again Friday because both James and I were sick. Thankfully, he didn't throw up or anything. But he did get up to a 102 fever. Rough week!


0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter