How many times have I used that post title? There are only so many post titles to use, I guess. We are going through a small period of adjustments right now. I interview for a job at IUPUI's institutional research office tomorrow morning. I'm not 100% qualified for the job and it's all programming- so not where I want to go right now... but the pay is $72,000 (quite a bit more than I make), there is some flexibility, and I know the team. So I know what I'm getting myself into.
Then last night, I applied for the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst position with the IU School of Medicine. They're the ones who are recruiting me to come work for them. The pay isn't much more (maybe $10,000) and I doubt there is any flexibility (like work from home). But, there is more project management.... The Medicine job is the one I'm leaning towards but I'll definitely take the IR job if I have to. I'm completely fed up with my current position and need to get the heck out as soon as I can!
Stephen starts his new job with Eric this coming Monday. I think he's pretty excited about it although there will be adjustments. His current job has been boring so he's been getting away with doing other stuff (like working on the house etc). He won't have that free time with the new job.
HTS (the place we work out) almost had to close. Dan sent out an email to everyone saying that he had to increase rates, change the plans, and cut his space in half to try to stay afloat. Stephen and I debated all week whether we were going to stay with him or just get a gym membership... but ultimately we decided to stay with HTS. And I'm glad we are.
This isn't much of a change, but I got a haircut. Go, me. I guess.


0 comments:
Post a Comment