On Monday night, Nathan called me with an offer for the Medicine position. The offer was for $65,000 and I was truly hoping for $68,000 so I countered. Unfortunately, he wouldn't budge... and I wasn't going to stay in my current job, so I took his offer. My start date is August 17th and I'm both excited and nervous as hell. Working from home will be pretty much eliminated (at least regularly) and so all the things I do for the house right now during the workday (laundry, picking up, cleaning, meal planning, cooking, working out etc) will have to be done... I don't even know when. And I don't think Stephen quite knows the impact of that. Plus, I'll be working a 40 hr workday (at least) from 8a-5p so I won't be able to leave at 4p any more to have dinner on the table by 5:30pm. That means the kids will be in daycare an extra hour every day (which I have a bit of mommy guilt about).
So... August will be full of big changes- new job, new daycare etc. And I'm nervous to see how it ends up shaking out.
Friday, July 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment