Monday, August 24, 2015

Child Free Weekend


Unfortunately, my last day of Admissions was completely overshadowed by my biopsy results. I had to leave early to get them). Here's a few pics from my last day, though. 



This is the DSS team- Terry Brown (who has been my boss for 9.5 years), Claire Brown (who I've worked with for 2 years), and Bobby Bell (who I worked with for about 7 years). I'm going to miss the hell out of them (especially Bobby- he's one of my closest friends) but I really have no intention of completely losing contact with them 

We went out to Bluebeard for lunch. 

Jayne and Ron continued their amazing gift to us by taking the kids for the whole weekend. So Stephen and I took Friday off to maximize our kid free time (and of course it flew by). We spent 5 solid hours cleaning, organizing the house and cooking a bunch of meals to freeze. We were exhausted!!

Saturday night we went on a date to Mama Carrolla's. It was fantastic! BTW, Friday night we ran errands, picked up Greek food, and rented Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Hilarious!

I organized my insane makeup collection Sat night. 

Sunday we slept in and then worked around the house some more. I took a few hours to run to the mall and return/pick up some stuff. Now Stephen is on his way home with the boys. And I start my first day tomorrow. I'm trying not to think too much about it because I'm nervous as hell. And my first week schedule is jam packed. 

Oh, my biopsy results ended up coming back as a benign tumor. I next need to be evaluated for hyperparathyroidism to see if that was the cause of the tumor. If I have that, it needs to be treated alongside the tumor. So I'll be talking with my new boss Monday to ask for time to go see my doctor to be tested. The tumor will be 6-12 months of steroid shots to my jaw to shrink the tumor and then possibly cleaning it out I'm happy to not have cancer but the treatment on this doesn't exactly aound like a breeze. 

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter