Saturday, August 8, 2015

Post biopsy

Can you tell I'm a tad bit swollen? The biopsy on my lower right jaw was about as fun as I expected. I opted out of being put under because I didn't want to be groggy for hours afterwards. So I just had laughing gas and lots of numbing shots. The whole thing took about 30 min and really wasn't the end of the world. I hate being drugged up, though. I've had some pain since then especially where the stitches are. And I feel like I can barely open my mouth even though nothing happened to my jaw hinge. My appetite has disappeared. 

The worst thing was the night of the procedure- I had a reaction to the pain medicine (we think it's because I hardly ate that day) and ended up blacking out, throwing up all over myself (and then many other times into a towel), sweating etc. poor Stephen was a wreck! This, of course, all happened at close to midnight Fri night. I didn't go to the hospital or anything. I felt a million times better after getting the mess out of my system. 



The hope is to find out the results before I start my new job on the 17th!! And, obviously, that I don't have can we. It's going to be a stressful week or waiting. 

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter