Monday, June 11, 2007

Hooray!

This weekend has been deemed a success! A lot of work got done and some relaxing evenings were had. Friday night Stephen and I went to see Knocked Up- VERY HILARIOUS!!!! We rarely go to the movies- so it was a special treat!

Saturday I went with my maid-of-honor to try on my wedding dress. I have a lot more weight to lose but it already needs to be taken in. THANKFULLY, my tailor said she can wait to take it in until 2 weeks before the wedding- that gives me about 10 weeks to get back into my diet and exercise routine (I have been slacking a bit) and lose more weight! It's unfortunate that you can't lose weight in problem spots- like my gut! The sash and bow that were made for my dress were beautiful! The tailor said that other clients who saw the dress thought it was a Vera Wang... little do they know the entire thing will cost me a total of $150!

Also, on Saturday, we went to the wine tasting at Kahns- very fun. That's where I bought several bottles of my good friend/co-workers favorite beer. Stephen also had to have one which he loved. Anyways, we went home and finished the plastic garden edging along the entire back yard and then it was time for Stephen to meet him mom (AT THE PALOMINO) for dinner and the symphony.

On Sunday, Stephen wanted to work on some stuff for work so I took it upon myself to start painting things I want done before the wedding. This includes painting the plaster that is hanging down the stairwell going down to the basement (it looks SOOO good now) and scraping/sanding/painting the entry way door frame on the side of the house. I also worked on the downstairs ceiling- but I couldn't get too far with it because we ran out of primer.

We also opened and used our Christmas gift from my parents- the grill! We had NY strip steaks, corn on the cob and garlic bread- YUMMY! The night ended with a cubs game and a walk with Harley. All in all it was a very good weekend.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Pages

Labels

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Follow me on Twitter