
I tried laying down as much as possible over the weekend but there was just too much that had to be done. The swelling did go down, though, so I was confident that Monday's appointment wouldn't go so bad (although I brought my packed hospital bag with me just in case). I was definitely wrong. My first blood pressure reading was 154/98 then the second one was even worse (160/100). They promptly admitted me to triage for observation for a few hours along with getting some blood work done.

Stephen came over from work to keep me company as we watched a couple of shows on HGTV. My blood pressure promptly started lowering and my tests came back great but they decided to admit me overnight because of my history.
At first it was kindof nice to be able to lay and relax and order up food. But I got bored pretty quickly and remembered some of the bad things about being stuck in the hospital- mainly having a great nurse makes ALL the difference and the air in the rooms is so damn dry. My blood pressure continued to decrease so they decided to release me (FINALLY) Tuesday morning with the stipulation of being on house bed rest and that I would still be coming in to see my regular dr (who was out Monday and Tuesday) at my 4p appointment. I can't see how my blood pressure isn't going to skyrocket again (I've developed a nice dose of white coat syndrome) but we'll see what she says. I'll most definitely be bringing my packed hospital bag again, though.



0 comments:
Post a Comment